Dec 17, 2013

2013 Year End Review, Part I: That Day I Got Stuff Done

On January 14th, 2013 I was super productive. Seriously, I produced the crap out of that day. To-do lists the world over were cowering in fear at sheer tour de force of my task-squashing prowess. I probably got like 3 solid things accomplished that day. I even wrote about it in my journal. Which was another thing I got done. Bam. 

My children tried to get my attention, and elderly women in the check-out line thought she could derail my glorious efficiency streak by taking forever to load her frozen peas, but on January 14th, my mantra was NOT TODAY! The customer service rep was a formidable opponent, but when he heard the not-even-your-incompetency-will-stop-me-today-sir tone of my voice, he crumbled into a pathetic pile of failure.

The headlines ran: "Local woman writes grocery list, makes some phone calls, and finally recycles those old ink cartridges-- all in less than 24 hours."

That was the day I got stuff done in 2013. I've spent the rest of the year making up for it, but I'll always have January 14th. 

No comments: