May 25, 2008

Pregnancy Bipolar Disorder

Yep, still pregnant. 2 days overdue. It does things to you. About 50 times a day I find myself thinking, "I've got to get this baby out somehow!", which is followed by the always terrifying remembrance of what the "somehow" entails, and then I start thinking, "holy crap, just stay in there a little longer OK?" It's enough to drive you crazy- to really want to have the baby, but really not wanting to have the baby. At this point, I'll most likely be induced on Tuesday, so on the one hand I know it will be over soon. On the other hand, it will just be the beginning of a whole new set of body aches, and sleep disturbances. It's always fun when this starts to dawn on you after the baby is born and the euphoria has worn off, you start looking around for someone to put the baby back where it came from. It's a special kind of insanity, being this pregnant.

But the truth is, I really can't wait to hold this baby and see him face to face. That moment pretty much makes up for whatever suffering you go through, before or after. Things have a way of evening out.


No comments: