Sep 26, 2008

This week's musings

Apparently drinking carbonated soda and breastfeeding is not a good combination.

Murphy's Law: As soon as you commit to starting up your early morning running schedule again, your kids will take turns keeping you up all night for 4 nights in a row, and said running schedule will get tossed out the window. Better luck next week.

Story Problem: A sleep deprived mother of 3 leaves the house to go to the gym. The clock says 9:10 when she leaves and 10:35 when she gets back. How is it that she is gone for 85 minutes, pays for 45 minutes of child care, and only gets 34 minutes of a workout?

Kindergarten Curriculum Night was this week. Made me want to be back in kindergarten. I had Miss Pennington for Kindergarten, which I think is just the perfect name for a Kindergarten teacher. I remember that Brian Highfield tried to kiss me on the reading rug. I thought it was gross.

To the patrons at the library on Monday around 4:30: my apologies for my 3 year old and his tantrum. I know it's a small library and there was no where to go where you couldn't hear him screaming, but if the tables were turned and it was your 3 year old, I promise I wouldn't have given you dirty looks and annoying loud sighs and patronizing eye rolls. And guess what? I'm going to bring him there again, and if he happens to pick up a book and throws it at your head, well,...darn.

Oh, and our bank failed today.

2 comments:

Neva said...

Reminds me of the time Ella and Sam got into a full-blown fistfight at the library and I had to ask one of the check-out ladies to hold the baby so I could free Ella from Sam's headlock. I told them we were never going to the library again, which was a total lie but it seemed like an appropriate threat/punishment at the time. I'm still not sure if banning your kids from the library is good or bad parenting. Hmmmm ...

Gabriela Hull said...

Donna, have you read the latest Snide Remarks? That was our bank, too.